Friends that is...
I like to surround myself with people like me. I am open and blunt to an extent. I like to say whats on my mind with my friends , I am brutally honest to a point. I need that in my friends too. I like to smile and just have a good time. I dont like drama and I want to surround myself with people that feel the same.
I think I have been very lucky in this area of my life over the last couple of years. I have one of the best friends( besides my husband he is my greatest friend in life) that I could ever ask for. She is so different from me that it is odd that we are friends. A lot of people have questioned why we are friends because we are so opposite and I think that is what draws us to each other. She is calm where I am over the top. She is quiet where I am loud. We have had ups and downs , times where we go weeks without talking but in the end she is always there.
Then there are the ones that you think are your friends. They are the ones that you think have your best interest in heart. But then you start to realize that its not true. I can say that I have truly been hurt by the one person I never saw doing it. She was my best friend. She was my right hand man. She was more like family. Then it all ended! I had to come to a realization that I put way too much faith into her and what I thought our friendship meant to her. I have never had to walk away from someone and it hurt so badly.
Then there are friendships that you never saw coming. They are the ones that you talk to online for years but never think it will be anything but a person on the computer. These are the people that you go to to talk with when you cant talk to the ones in your "real life". Then when you finally get the chance to meet them in person and its like you have known each other forever. If you think about it you have. They probably know things about you that your "friends and family" dont. I find myself very lucky to have made some great friends this way.
2 comments:
So true! My "online" friends know so much more than most of my friends IRL! I'm happy I met you Tiffany...online and then in person! Can't wait to hang out again sometime ;-)
Online friends are sometimes better than IRL friends.. because you can put them on away message ;)
And I agree with everyone Christina said!
Post a Comment