Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Its a Girl!!!!

We had decided that yes we wanted a 2nd baby but we wanted to wait until Noah was  about 2 to start trying. Well we got the shock of a life time right before he turned 1, I realized that I was like 4 days late. Hmmm off I go to get a test scared out of  my mind because I have a child that is not even 1 yet. Well it takes seconds for that line to turn into 2 lines. Woohoo we are pregnant again :)

I wait out my time till we can do the sono to see what we are having and they tell me 95% we are having a little girl. Awesome , great now we have 1 boy 1 girl we are done. I get very excited as does the rest of the family. The nursery is beautiful with pink and purple everywhere and for everyone that knew me back then I was farthest from the girly girl so it was different for me. We had a wonderful baby shower that was taped by my family with all of us celebrating the approaching birth of Aubrey Nicole! 

Thru my whole pregnancy my friend Shanda had been filling out the baby book along the way so we would not forget any of it. It was beautiful. Well I am very glad that we did that and have all of those pictures to look back on. 

We scheduled a c-section 2 weeks before my due date because we knew she was big like her big brother had been. So on the morning of June 26th we all make our way to the hospital to go have this little girl. 

I can remember laying on the table just talking to Dru as they started to do the procedure just very excited to actually be awake during this one :) The doctor goes okay here she comes, she has a full head of dark brown hair. Well then he gets kind of quiet...... Ummm its not a girl , its a BOY! Wow what, its a boy? Yep thats right. I had 3 sonos saying it was a girl, he kept his junk hidden very well! 

Oh well we are still very excited as we kind of already know what to expect now LOL. It was def funny to hear the reactions of all of my family and friends when we tell them that haha jokes on us its a boy. A boy that now has a pink and purple nursery and all kinds of pink dresses to wear. LMAO 

Well luckily I was working for Target at the time and my mgr are awesome at the store they told my mom and friend that they could bring everything back even the things that were not in packages anymore. So my beautiful lil boy got to go home to his very own Classic Winnie the Pooh blue bedroom :) 

As I look back now yeah I was sad that I did not get that girl but do I love my boys. I would not change it for one second because this little boy is such a handfull and so much like his mama.  This makes me think that there was a plan all along for me to be bringing up boys :)


No comments: