Saturday, March 15, 2008

What a birthday present...

So the day before my 20th birthday I got the surprise of a life time. I found out that I was pregnant with my first son. I had not really noticed that anything was different , it was Dru that noticed it LOL. I had been working opening shift and was not getting to eat for several hours after I got up so I thought that was the reason I was so nauseous in the mornings. Woo nope what a shock I had coming to me. 

Right after we left getting the confirmation that I was indeed pregnant we went to my moms house. We sat and talked to her for a few minutes then I busted out with " What are we doing for my birthday tomorrow grandma?" She gets this very confused look on her face and asks me to repeat the sentence. Haha so i do and the next thing I know she is looking at Dru with death eyes and says "out I want to talk to her" . He was more than willing to dash out of the room :) 

The bigger surprise that we had coming to us was the fact that I was actually 11 wks along :) I had missed pretty much my 1st trimester. 7 months after finding out I was going to be a mama I gave birth to a beautiful little boy. He decided that mommy was nice and warm and did not want to come out. I had made sure that the boy was well nourished as he came out a whopping 10lbs 6ozs. The biggest brown eyes that I had ever seen and just rolls upon rolls on his arms , legs, heck they were everywhere. 

So there in that month of October I started my journey in Bringing Up Boys.

No comments: